Crescent Ridge Wind is Rachel Contracting's first wind "repower" project. This is a unique repower project where the owner contracted explosive decommissioning of the existing towers on site and used the existing foundations for towers with the newer technology and superior efficiency to the existing turbines. With the addition of 4 new tower sites added to the park, Rachel Contracting was responsible for the new access road construction as well as excavation and backfill of the new foundations. 9 existing foundations were demolished 6' below ground as well as their respective access roads. Construction permit delays along with consistent heavy rains (up to 8") constantly challenged the field personnel throughout the construction and reclamation phases of the project.
- Foundation Excavation and Backfill for 4 New WTG's
- 4,660 LF of New Access Road
- Construction and Removal of 28 Crane Pads for Tower Erection
- 32,000 LF of Access Road Post Construction Aggregate Cap
- Demolition and Removal of 6,500LF of Existing Access Road