The City of Duluth contracted with Mortenson Construction to build the Duluth Multimodal Transportation Center. Being one of the first contractors on-site Rachel's scope of work consisted of clearing the site for the future facility. This included the complete demolition of two independent structures totaling over 50,000 SF in downtown Duluth. The first structure demolished was a three story office building that was within 5' of an active parking structure. The second structure demolished was a three story concrete parking ramp that was built right next to the active DECC pedestrian skyway crossing Interstate 35. This project required a precise step-by-step preparatory demolition plan that was perfectly executed by Rachel's experienced demolition team to remove these structures in such close proximity to a very high traffic public area.
- Demolition of 3 Story Office Building & 3 Level Parking Ramp
- 82,500 SF--Building & Ramp Demolished
- Environmental Remediation--Including Asbestos & Universal Waste Removal
- Design & Build Temporary Shoring for Skyway
- Demolish 3 Level Ramp Next to Active Skyway System
- Hand separation of Ramp from Two Skyways