Basin Electric Power Cooperative's - Antelope Valley Station, contracted Rachel to reconstruct the existing SDA Decantation Pond. The existing clay liner was removed and the subgrade was scarified and re-compacted to the required density. A small amount of existing clay liner material was deemed to be unsuitable and was exported to the Owner's landfill. New fill was imported from a borrow source at the Owner's landfill as well. The success of the project can be attributed to the positive working relationship with the Owner and the ability to work through small issues and changes to minimize budget impacts and maintain schedule. Rachel was able to expedite the schedule by flip-flopping clay liner material within the pond in lieu of hauling the material out and then back in. Rachel completed this work in 13 working days.
- 12,333 CY of Common Excavation for Pond Liner Reconditioning
- 1,280 LF of 4" HDPE Draintile Installed
- 4,380 CY of Unsuitable Material Exported
- 3,600 CY of Imported Common Borrow
- 2,000 CY of Bottom Ash Material Placed Over Draintile