This was a unique publicly bid project in Waconia, MN that was awarded to Rachel Contracting. This sewer & water extension project will service the future "Shores of Waconia" Rachel Development project. To service the future development, the crews installed pipe at a steady pace crossing low wetland areas, an old roadway bed off State Hwy 5, Carver County Regional Park and DNR Property. Over half of the gravity sewer was 20' plus deep, requiring additional shoring engineer & safety requirements. Pipe and affected roadways will be restored by freeze up 2019. Remaining seeding and restoration will be finished in the Spring of 2020.
- 5,345 LF of 24" & 21" PVC Gravity Sanitary Sewer
- 1,192 LF of 10" and smaller services along 24" & 21" Sanitary Sewer Alignment
- 135 LF of 36" Jacked Casing Pipe under MN State Hwy 5
- 5,650 LF of 10" and smaller Watermain, associated fittings & hydrants
- 870 LF of 12" HDPE DIPS Watermain Directionally drilled under wetland