Rachel Contracting was the successful low bidder on the new Elk River High School stadium project. With a warm spring we were able to hit the ground running demolishing the existing bleachers, press box and ripping up the old track. With 14,000CY of topsoil to strip and 13,000CY of common to move it was all hands on deck to hit the milestone dates for the new track & field and turf areas. We importing over 30,000Ton of material all while meeting the fine tolerances. Both earthwork and utility crews were on-site at the same time, utilities started with making a 26' deep sanitary connection. Rachel utilized a well-point dewatering system to install the sanitary pipe. Additional utilities included water and storm to service the four new team buildings around the stadium. This project was completed ahead of schedule!
- 26,000 Ton of select granular imported below track & field surface
- 5,500 LF of drain tile below turf field
- 4,500 Ton of granite stone used below turf field
- 1,100 LF sanitary pipe, including a 26' deep connection
- 20,000 CY of common excavation