Rachel Contracting was chosen by Frana Companies to perform the environmental remediation, selective demolition, and total demolition of the former Bunge grain silos to make way for new residential housing. The work included the environmental remediation of all asbestos containing material including the removal of over 6,000 tons of contaminated & debris laden soils. The work included the selective interior removal of existing processing equipment inside of the existing 200 foot tall head-house with some of the equipment salvaged for the owner. The work also included the total demolition of the concrete grain silos that were over 125 tall and had to be coordinated with the adjacent active railroad and occupied neighboring apartment building that was only 40' away.
- Total Demolition of Grain Silos over 130' tall
- Selective Interior Removal of Equipment in over 200' tall Head-House
- Removal of contaminated soils over 6,000 ton
- Crushing of all concrete onsite for reuse
- Salvage of miscellaneous equipment for Owner
- Environmental Remediation of Asbestos