Xcel Energy selected Rachel Contracting to remove the existing dam and all remaining features that were originally part of their Hydroelectric facility. The work included installing and maintaining erosion control features, clearing and grubbing, designing, installing and maintaining water control measures, demolishing the dam and related structures, removing sediment upstream from the dam, hauling and placing sediment at the MN Valley Power Plant, and performing final grading, seeding, tree planting and restoration of the site. All work was performed in the MN River Basin, consequently the project team had to be aware that significant changes in flow and water level could occur at any given time. Over 2,000 The Rachel Team efficiently executed the work plan and completed the project safely and on schedule.
- Design & Install--Water Control & Management Plan to Re-Route Flow of River
- Design & Install--Steel Box Bridges for Equipment Crossing
- 7,000 CY--Sediment Removal
- 5.5 Acres--Site Restoration
- 105 Each--New Trees Planted