Four total synthetic turf fields were constructed for the Osseo School District. Two of these fields are located at the Osseo High School, and two of the fields are located at the Park Center High School. Each field consists of exporting on site materials to accommodate a 2'-4" section of sand and drainage rock below the turf. Over 5,000 LF of draintile is installed within the sand and rock section of each field to ensure a dry playing surface. Cast-in-place footings were installed for the southern field at the Park Center site, to secure a seasonal dome that will be erected during cold weather months to allow year round sporting events. A minor challenge we encountered was discovering an old farm site while excavating in one of the field locations. We were able to remediate the situation and complete the project on time.
- Two synthetic turf fields built at the Osseo High School
- Two synthetic turf fields built at the Park Center High School
- The 92,000 SF field at Park Center is equipped with a seasonal dome
- Each field contains 8,000 tons of sand and 3,000 tons of granite rock for stormwater drainage
- Each field has over 5,000 lineal feet of drain tile and sub-drainage pipe below it's turf surface
- Each field is set up to be used for multiple sports